Home-made Protein Caramilk Cheesecake! Easier than you think!
- 125g Butter, melted
- 1x 250g Packet Super Wine Biscuits or Arrowroot Biscuits
- 500g Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Caster Sugar
- 190 grams Caramilk Chocolate (1 block of Cadbury Caramilk)
- ½ Cup Thickened Cream Anchor Brand
- 5 Scoops of Musclepharm Protein Powder (Vanilla)
- Crush biscuits into a fine crumb in a food processor, add melted butter and blend well.
- Pour into a 22cm springform tin and press down well – for a thinner crust you can press it up the side of the tin or pat it down into one layer.
- Pop this in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Combine together cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until it is light and fluffy – scraping down the sides occasionally. Gradually add Protein one scoop at a time, letting the previous one combine before adding the next.
- In a small bowl, break the chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave – heating for 10-15 second bursts, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth
- Fold the thickened cream and chocolate gently into the cream cheese mixture until well combined – I used the hand mixer and just put it on lowest speed until just combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the biscuit base and gently smooth it using a knife.
- Refrigerate until set – ideally 4 hours, but can also be made a day ahead if required.
- Once set, remove from the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Use a slightly warm knife around the edge and gently undo the spring from tin, then carefully transfer to a serving plate and remove the base of the tin.
- You can serve it as is, or add some caramel topping, grated chocolate or even a ganache.
Recipe Credit: Creative Director Trent Skeet